1. APPLY TO SCC
• Complete an SCC application: ApplyNow.sccsc.edu
2. REQUEST FINANCIAL AID
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after you file your IRS tax return: www.fafsa.ed.gov
• For assistance, call (864) 592-4810 or visit any SCC campus near you.
3. SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS
• Submit your official high school, GED or college transcripts to the SCC Admissions Center:
PO Box 4386, Spartanburg, SC 29305. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
4. TAKE ENTRANCE TEST
•Visit the Admissions Center and complete the Accuplacer placement test, unless you have already taken one of the following –
ACT and scored a minimum of 19 in Math and 19 in Verbal
SAT and scored a minimum of 480 in Math and 480 in Critical Reading
5. CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE, SEE ADVISOR & REGISTER
• Contact the SCC Admissions Center to confirm your acceptance, then an academic advisor will assist you with registering for classes.
6. PAY TUITION & FEES
• Follow up with the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office to confirm your tuition and fees are paid.
7. COMPLETE NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
• We highly encourage you to attend an orientation to make the most of your experience at SCC. Please register for a session that fits into your schedule at www.sccsc.edu/nso.