1. Feeling that I am physically part of a class is
a. not necessary.
b. somewhat important.
c. very important.
2. I generally
a. get things done ahead of time.
b. need reminders, but get things done on time.
c. put things off until the last minute.
3. I prefer to communicate
a. in writing.
b. in person, but I’m comfortable expressing myself in writing.
c. in person, face-to-face. I do not like to write.
4. I consider myself
a. a good reader, able to understand most text material without help.
b. an average reader. Sometimes I need help understanding the material.
c. a slow reader. I often need help understanding text material.
5. I think face-to-face classroom discussion
a. is helpful, but discussion via email is equally engaging.
b. is sometimes helpful.
c. is vital.
6. I generally prefer to
a. figure out instructions myself.
b. try to follow instructions on my own,then ask for help as needed.
c. have instructions explained or demonstrated to me.
7. When presented with new technology, I
a. look forward to learning new skills.
b. feel some apprehension, but try it anyway.
c. avoid working with new technology.
8. I would log in and check my course and email
a. every day.
b. almost every day.
c. once or twice a week.
Add 2 points for each “a” answer.
Add 1 point for each “b” answer.
Subtract 1 point for each “c” answer.
• 12+ points: An online course would be a good fit for you.
• 8-11 points: online learning may work for you, but you should be prepared to make a few adjustments in your schedule and study habits to succeed.
• 7 or fewer points: online classes are probably not the best way for you to learn the material; your chance for success would be better if you enrolled in a face-to-face course.
For more information or SCCOnline courses visit www.sccsc.edu/online or call (864) 592-4404.