APPLY TO SCC
• Complete an SCC application: ApplyNow.sccsc.edu
REQUEST FINANCIAL AID
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after you file your IRS tax return: www.fafsa.ed.gov
• For assistance, call (864) 592-4810 or visit any SCC campus near you.
• Submit your official high school, GED or college transcripts to the SCC Admissions Center: PO Box 4386, Spartanburg, SC 29305. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
TAKE ENTRANCE TEST
• Visit the Admissions Center and complete the COMPASS skills assessment, unless you have already taken one of the following –
4ACT and scored a minimum of 19 in Math and 19 in Verbal
4SAT and scored a minimum of 480 in Math and 480 in Critical Reading
CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE, SEE ADVISOR & REGISTER
• Contact the SCC Admissions Center to confirm your acceptance, then an academic advisor will assist you with registering for classes.
PAY TUITION & FEES
• Follow up with the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office to confirm your tuition and fees are paid.
ATTEND NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
• We highly encourage you to attend an orientation to make the most of your experience at SCC. Please register for a session that fits into your schedule at www.sccsc.edu/nso.